Heroic Hotel Manager Saves Dog Stuck On The Wrong Side Of Elevator Door
Holy cow that was close! We're so happy Ben came along when he did!
Ben Duke is the general manager of The Rodeway Inn, a motel in Greenville, South Carolina.
Duke was on the job recently and on his way out of a hotel storage area when he noticed a guest getting into the elevator with a dog. The problem? The doors closed before the dog, Boo Boo, actually made it into the elevator, trapping the poor pup outside the doors! There’s the leash through the doors, below:
And here you can see Duke picking Boo Boo up and attempting to pull out the leash from the rising elevator.
Duke told TODAY that he saw the situation unfolding and immediately sprang into action.
“I just grabbed it, and struggled with it, then I guess adrenaline set in or something, and I snapped the leash right above my hand,” he said. A security camera got the amazing rescue on film, and at the end you see Boo Boo and another canine pal go running down the hallway, safe and sound. Duke, on the other hand, looks to be slightly in shock at what just happened.
According to WYFF4, Duke said Boo Boo’s owner is a regular guest and came back downstairs immediately following the incident. “He was crying and was so grateful,” Duke said. “He just came up and hugged me. It was pretty crazy.”
We can bet both Boo Boo and the owner will be more careful with the elevator next time! Meanwhile, here is the full clip from the security camera
Lucky for Boo Boo, this hotel manager happened to be in the right place at the right time and had his wits about him enough to grab the dog and hang onto the leash to keep it from choking him. Just like Boo Boo’s owner, we are so happy that Duke was there to save the day. What a hero.